Today was a shameful day for New South Wales, with the Premier sacking over 44 councils in one sitting, with another 31 under threat.
The force amalgamations of councils mean that many democratically elected Coucillors have lost their positions, aswell as many of the staff in the organisations. All of whom were elected by their local voters.
It may well be the death of the Baird Government - with communities all over the state outraged at the actions of today.
Many MPs and politicians from all different parties were against this move, seen here at a rally headed up by Greens MLC (Upper House MP) David Shoebride, Sydney's Alex Greenwich and more.
- Social Services discussed in WA for Seniors
- Gold Coast seniors to enjoy free dog registration
- Seniors told they don't need to vote in Batman bi-election
- Star of Australian Stage and Screen, Michael Caton talks about Marriage Equality.
- East Coast Storms slam the country and who is showing support for communities?
Login to post comments