Victorian Seniors Card holders can enjoy complimentary travel from October 8 to 15 as part of the 35th Victorian Seniors Festival.
This is the first year where the eight days of free public transport has been extended to V/Line travel, in addition to all other metropolitan and regional services.
The free travel applies to Melbourne’s trains, trams and buses and regional trains, coaches and buses.
Seniors will need to carry their Seniors myki and Victorian Seniors Card with them and touch on and off as usual.
Seniors will not be charged during the eight days of free public transport.
About 140000 older Victorians are expected to attend the 1500 events and activities, which will be statewide for seniors to enjoy with family and friends.
Latest from Australian Senior
- Star of Australian Stage and Screen, Michael Caton talks about Marriage Equality.
- New report outlines residential aged care funding reform options
- Thousands of seniors get back pension card in Federal backflip.
- As Australia heads to a survey on Equality...
- $3.7m in additional support to improve indigenous aged care services