More than 250 seniors from across Rockingham attended a forum and afternoon tea hosted by Brand MHR Madeleine King at the Gary Holland Community Centre last Tuesday.
Also in attendance at the seniors’ forum was Shadow Human Services Minister Linda Burney and representatives from Centrelink.
Ms Burney spoke about how long waiting times were a cause of frustration for many pensioners and said the agency was understaffed and under-resourced because of government cuts.
Ms King said she was happy to host the event, which included a presentation about ways seniors could engage with Centrelink.
“There was a fantastic turnout... and I am very happy so many seniors could come along to this forum,” she said. “People had an opportunity to raise issues that are of concern to them as well as hear directly from Ms Burney and Centrelink.”
source: West Australian
Latest from Australian Senior
- Gold Coast seniors to enjoy free dog registration
- Seniors told they don't need to vote in Batman bi-election
- Star of Australian Stage and Screen, Michael Caton talks about Marriage Equality.
- East Coast Storms slam the country and who is showing support for communities?
- NSW Premier Mike Baird Destroys Democracy in one day